Call for Nominations
District 83 Elected Offices 2021 - 2022
Our District 83 theme for 2020-2021 is Be the Leader and we would like to let you know about a great opportunity to be a District 83 leader. Strong leadership is essential for meeting the needs of all our members and provides those taking on leadership roles with a chance to develop skills and styles in a non-threatening environment.
It’s time to think about 2021 - 2022 District Officer Elections!
The District Leadership Committee (DLC) evaluates all candidates for District elected positions
and nominates the best candidate(s).
Elected positions currently available for nominations:
· DISTRICT DIRECTOR
· PROGRAM QUALITY DIRECTOR
· CLUB GROWTH DIRECTOR
· DIVISION DIRECTOR (9 Divisions)
To run for an office, all candidates, including those who plan to run from the floor must meet with the nominating committee for any position in which they are interested in running. Potential candidates may be nominated by fellow members or self-nominate.
The first steps for all members are to review the competencies to check eligibility and then fill
out the nominating application to self-nominate to submit for another member.
The following forms are available to you:
· Call for Nominations - provides a list of Elected Leaders Positions
· District Leader Competencies - outlines the competencies for each District role
· Nominating Application - complete to self-nominate or submit the nomination for another member
· Officer Agreement and Release form - must be filled out by the candidate
The election process will follow International Guidelines Protocol 9.0 District Campaigns and
· Nominations deadline: Sunday, January 31, 2021.
· Candidate interviews via Zoom: Saturday, March 6 or at another mutually convenient date.
· All DLC nominations will be announced four weeks before the annual business meeting to be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021
· All eligible floor candidates must declare their intent to run to the DLC chair by April 24, 2020
Anyone who meets the qualifications for an elected position, should return the Candidate
Please reach out with any questions.
Thank you and be well.
Lynda B Starr, DTM
Chair, District Leadership Committee
Immediate Past District Director 2020-2021
William F. Markert, DTM
District 83 Director 2020-2021