Greetings Workshop Presenter Candidates!
You are invited to apply to be a presenter of a 55-minute workshop at the upcoming 2018 Spring Conference.
At the District 83 Spring Conference, the goal is to offer members education sessions that inform, entertain and broaden the Toastmasters experience. Education sessions are the one of cornerstone of our conferences (the business meeting and contests being the others). We typically offer from 6 to 9 workshops per event.
Please review the criteria below and submit an application, if interested. We appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and skills with your fellow Toastmasters!
There are 3 workshop tracks:
Topic addresses practical methods for an individual to improve himself.
Topic addresses practical methods for an individual to advance in the workplace.
Topic addresses ways to strengthen clubs in terms of membership growth and creating a mutually supportive environment for learning and development.
Typical candidates are:
- Toastmaster members in good standing who have completed CC designation or above.
- Members who have previously presented at the District level, have equivalent professional experience, or have coordinated and conducted registered Success/Leadership, Success/Communication, or Youth Leadership programs.
- Required to pitch their workshop ideas at the District Workshop Audition to be held March 24, 2018 at the Madison Public Library. You will be advised of your audition time slot, if selected.
Persons not eligible to present:
- Members competing in Area, Division or District level speech or evaluation contests
Expectations and Information:
- Presentation should be appropriate for a large audience (50 members) and relevant to new and experienced Toastmasters.
- Team or panel presentations will be considered.
- First preference will be given to those presentations that have an interactive element and encourage audience participation, not solely lecture style.
- Sessions are usually 55 minutes in length, including 10 minutes of Q&A and completion of the evaluation form.
- Presenters at the conferences will present at their own expense. There is no reimbursement for conference registration, meals, travel expenses or printing of handouts.
- Indicate any requirements for electronic support equipment in the course description
- No workshops may promote a business, products, or services. Absolutely no merchandise sales of any kind will be allowed during any workshop. Upon request, you may be provided a table for sales after the workshop session.
- Have backups ready (handouts, etc., in case there are technical difficulties with audio/visual equipment).
- Give the audience your contact info ~ Business card, LinkedIn page, or Website
- Arrive early to ensure you and your proctor have time to set up the room.
- Have fun and enjoy the delivery!
Thank you for sharing your knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm!
Please complete the entire form online no later than Sunday, March 14, 2018.
Co-Chairs Education District 83 Spring Conference